This Policy explains the approach taken by Capp & Co Ltd (referred to throughout this Policy as 'We' 'Us' or 'Our' depending on the context), to online information collection, storage and use in connection with this website (the 'site'), as well as the specific choices You (the reader of this Policy and user of our website) can make about your own information. Please read this Policy carefully. By using the site you will be deemed to have agreed to this Policy, so if you do not agree please do not use this site.
Firstly, we would like to make it clear that the purpose of the assessments we provide may be to select You, or not select You, for progression through a specific client recruitment process, and/or to provide You with insight, feedback and guidance to help You improve Your prospects of employment success, or more generally to understand and develop your strengths and abilities. Please read further to discover how We will use the information You provide to deliver against this purpose, and also improve the service We provide to You.
We are an independent company registered in the UK and committed to the design and development of personnel assessment processes and procedures to permit employers and prospective employees to engage more efficiently and effectively and enable individuals to develop and enhance their skills. We also provide assessments to members of the public with the aim of helping people identify and develop their strengths and capabilities. Our registered office address is The Venture Centre, University of Warwick Science Park, Sir William Lyons Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV4 7EZ, England.
This Policy applies to information We collect about: (a) visitors to our site and (b) people who register to use Our assessments.
1. The information We collect about You
When You register to use our assessments, and depending on the specific process being followed, the type of assessment being completed, and the reason for You completing that assessment, We may collect the following personal information including, but not limited to:
- Your name and email address; o Your address and contact details including Your postal address, and telephone number;
- Your demographic information, including your date of birth, gender, disability status, socioeconomic background and other relevant demographic information;
- User Material, that is material that you have entered on or submitted to the site including details of Your qualifications, work experience information, hobbies, interests, personal preferences and disabilities as entered on the site;
- Your preferences concerning prospective employers with whom you would like to work and the positions for which you would like to apply as well as those organisations in which you are not interested;
- Your answers to all assessment tools completed on the site; and o Details of Your computer hardware and software, IP address, access times and referring web site address and browser type.
2. How We will use the information about You
We gather the information about You to enable Us to do one or more of the following:
- process Your registration so that You can use our site; o process any job applications You wish to may make using our site;
- match You to potential job or apprenticeship opportunities that may be of interest to You;
- mark any assessment or development software tools You may use on our site;
- analyse the answers you provide to our online assessments;
- provide developmental feedback to You;
- analyse aggregated data including performance data to improve our general understanding of the indicators of success;
- pass on non-personally identifiable information with prospective employers in order to facilitate the employer’s interest in considering you for a position;
- pass on relevant information to prospective employers (with your consent);
- deliver Our services to You, as requested, and
- communicate with You on any matter relating to the conduct of Your account, Your job applications, the provision of Our services to You, and to conduct research about Your opinion of current services or potential new services that We may offer.
We may also use aggregated anonymous information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring the efficiency and effectiveness of Our assessments and online recruitment processes in order to help Us to develop Our site and Our services and provide relevant feedback to You and/or to prospective employers, as may be appropriate depending on the assessment you have taken and the reason for taking that assessment. We may also choose to license aggregated data and statistics to third parties but this would not include information that could be used to identify you.
3. The Roles of Data Controller and Data Processor
Depending on the type of assessment which You complete, and the process by which You are completing this assessment, We may be acting as the Data Controller or the Data Processor in relation to any data that you provide, as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998, and the Data Protection Directive 95/46/ec.
Typically, we will be acting as the Data Controller if You have independently chosen to complete an assessment with Us.
Typically, we will be acting as the Data Processor if You are completing an assessment as part of a recruitment and selection process which is being delivered by Us on behalf of a third party client.
If We are acting as the Data Processor, We will be following the specific instructions provided to us by the Data Controller in respect of how We process and manage Your data.
If we are acting as the Data Controller, occasionally We may wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, you can update your preferences at any time via your Account Settings. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
Please note: There are a limited number of Capp emails (such as status and account notifications that are applicable to all users) from which you cannot opt out.
For further information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above sites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our site features may not function if you remove cookies from your browser.
6. How We protect Your information
We take your privacy and security very seriously. We have put in place the following security procedures and technical and organizational measures to safeguard Your personal information: the computer servers holding personally identifiable information are kept in a secure controlled environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information such as a credit card number is transmitted to another site it is protected through the use of encryption.
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard Your personal information. However, You should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason We cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from You or to You via the Internet.
7. Access to Your information and controlling and updating and correcting Your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that We hold about You. If You would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com or send a letter to Information Officer, Capp & Co Ltd, The Venture Centre, Sir William Lyons Road, University of Warwick Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7EZ, England. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to ensure that Your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that You have provided to Us changes, for example if You change Your email address, name or any of Your contact details, or if You are no longer looking for a position or You wish to cancel Your registration, please let Us know by updating your information via your Account Settings or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a letter to Account Officer, Capp & Co Ltd, The Venture Centre, Sir William Lyons Road, University of Warwick Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7EZ, England.
You may ask Us, or We may ask You, to correct information You or We think is inaccurate, and You may also ask Us to remove information which is inaccurate.
You are in control of the personal information that you submit to Our website. You may choose to restrict the collection or the use of this personal information by (a) choosing not to provide this information
when it is requested, and (b) asking us to remove or delete any personal information we may hold about you, following the instructions provided above.
8. Sale of business
If Capp & Co Ltd's business (or any part of it) is sold or integrated with another business Your details may be disclosed to Our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
9. Your consent
By submitting Your personal information You consent to the use of that information as set out in this Policy.
11. How to Contact Us
12. Links to other websites